Sunday, September 19, 2010

Called by Truth to His Church, and Her Service

“God has created me to do Him some definite service. He has committed some work to me which He has not committed to another.”  Blessed John Henry Cardinal Newman

This site is being launched today, September 19th, 2010, in order to mark the historic occasion of the beatification of (now "Blessed") John Henry Cardinal Newman. As a former Protestant clergyman who, likewise, was drawn by the "splendor of Truth" and brought to the conviction that the Catholic Church IS the Church founded by Christ and built on Peter and the Apostles, I have likewise sacrificed my pastoral ministry for the sake of being in communion with the "Bishop of Rome."  My wife, Marie, and I were received into "full communion" just four years ago September 14th, (Feast of the Exaltation of the Holy Cross). The succeeding years have brought -- as they did for Newman -- much headache and heartache, much emotional, spiritual, and financial distress. The greatest distress has been the lack of an "occupation" in which I can fulfill my "vocation"; one need not be ordained as a priest in order to be actively involved in the education and formation of youth, raising up the next generation of faithful Catholic disciples of Christ. Sadly, after knocking on door after door for the majority of the past four years, there has been -- as yet -- no door opened.

But Truth is Truth, and the Catholic Faith is Unconquered Truth. And I continue to offer my education and experience, my abilities and gifts, my heart for the Catholic Faith -- and for her young people to grow in that Faith -- to the Church, in hopes that there will yet be found a place where I can devote my life in service.

May we all, like Blessed John Henry Cardinal Newman, be willing to sacrifice our lives for the sake of that Truth -- faithfully living, sharing, and defending the true Faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment